Proxy Troubleshooting Tips
Make sure your library registration and UCHC ID are up to date.
- Library expiration dates vary depending on your patron group.
- The proxy server password will be your 14-digit barcode number.
- Please allow at least three business days to get your account set up.
- Check with our circulation department if you have any questions at (860) 679-3808.
If you have previously configured your browser for the former proxy server, please remove those proxy settings.
With the advent of our new EZProxy server, it is no longer necessary to have your browser configured for our proxy server. We'd like everyone to remove the proxy configuration settings immediately.
Make sure you have 'cookies' enabled.
- Internet Explorer: Click on TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS> PRIVACY. Set the privacy slider to Medium or lower. Select ADVANCED for additional cookie control.
- Internet Explorer: Click on TOOLS> INTERNET OPTIONS>
SECURITY> CUSTOM LEVEL. Under SCRIPTING, select ENABLE
Bookmarks created with the previous version of the proxy server may not work. The restricted databases or ejournal need to be accessed by following links on the Library website.
For example, the URL for Uptodate on the library website is "http://online.uchc.edu/login?url=http://libdatabase.uchc.edu/databases/linktracker.asp?ID=171".
You can also paste "http://online.uchc.edu/login?url="
in front of the original url e.g., "http://online.uchc.edu/login?url=http://www.utdol.com/enterprise.asp?r=/enterprise.asp&bhcp=1&app=utdol".