Obtaining a Proxy Account
What you need:
Remote access to our librarys resources via our proxy is available only to the following people:
- UConn Health Center faculty, staff, and students with a valid UCHC ID
- University of Connecticut faculty, graduate students, and some categories of undergraduate students
- Community or Affliated Faculty at UCHC with
an official faculty appointment
Your name must appear on a list of eligible people sent to our Access Services staff.
If you are a Community Faculty, you must have a faculty appointment from the appropriate UCHC clinical department (e.g., orthopedics, family medicine etc.) and your name would then appear on one of these lists. (Working with a community faculty person does not make you eligible).
If you are a Community Researcher, you must have prior approval and your name must appear on our Community Researcher list.
Unfortunately, our licensing agreements with publishers prevent us from making remote access to our online resources available to other library patrons even if you have a 14-digit barcode. We would be held liable for licensing violations if we were to expand remote access beyond these very strict guidelines. Check with our Access Services department if you have any question about eligibility at (860) 679-3808.
- Library barcode
- Already a library patron
If you've already registered with the library, you should have the barcode on the back of your UCHC ID or sent to you via email. Make sure your library registration is up to date. Library expiration dates vary depending on your patron group. A reminder email is sent prior to your library registration expiration date.
- Not a library patron
If you haven't registered to be a library patron, come to the library circulation desk with your valid UCHC ID or use the appropriate online form to get a library barcode.
After been contacted with your updated or new barcode information, please wait for 20 minutes before using the barcode. If it is not working after 20 minutes, please contact us.
When you are prompted by the Proxy Login Page, please enter your 14-digit Library barcode (without spaces).
Check with our circulation department if you have any questions at (860) 679-3808.
No need to fill out a form if you are currently registered, and an eligible patron, with UCHC library.
- Patron Registration Form for UCHC Faculty, Residents and Staff
- Patron Registration Form for Affiliated, Community Faculty & Community Researcher
- Patron Registration Form for Off-Campus Graduate Students Registered for Classes at UCHC
- Patron Registration Form for UConn Faculty at Other Campuses
- Patron Registration Form for UConn Graduate/Undergraduate Students
- Update Form - to be used by patrons already registered for proxy services.