What is OneSearch?
OneSearch is a tool you can use to search simultaneously
for our books, articles, videos, digital content, and
This is a beta version of our new search tool and it is a
work in progress.
How to sign
in to OneSearch
- You must have an active Library barcode.
- On the OneSearch page, click on Sign In
in the upper right corner.
- Enter your last name and barcode (no spaces) and
- Your name should now appear instead of "Guest".
- If using a computer that others access, please remember
to click Sign Out to prevent unauthorized access to
will you find using OneSearch?
You will find printed and electronic publications contained
in scientific and scholarly databases and e-journal
collections licensed by the UConn Health Library as
well as resources that are jointly purchased in cooperation
with the UConn Libraries at Storrs. The following resource
collections are currently included in OneSearch.:
Benefits of signing in to
- Important Note - This does not replace
the proxy logon for full text access when off campus.
Even if you have signed into OneSearch, you will still
have to enter your barcode in the proxy box for full
- The ability to search all of OneSearch's resources.
The Guest account does not provide full access for
- Save your search results. OneSearch users can save
individual item records and queries for future use.
- Set your preferences for your current and future
sessions of searching.
- My Account access - enables you to view your
current check-outs, requests, and fine information,
and use other automated library services, such as
renewing books or placing/canceling requests or recalls.
In addition, My Account lets you define your personal
OneSearch settings. After logging in to OneSearch,
click the My Account link, in the upper right corner.
- Preferences - tailor the OneSearch user interface
so that it reflects the way you usually search. For
example, you can specify the maximum number of search
results per page, your default e-mail address, and
your cell phone number. To set your preferences, click
the Personal Settings option on the left side of My
Account. To keep your settings for future sessions,
you must save your preferences.
- e-Shelf use - allows you to save and organize
items that you find during your OneSearch session.
To access e-Shelf, click the e-Shelf link at the top
of the page. Logging in will allow you to save e-Shelf
items for future search sessions.