Student Support Librarian Program at UCHC
Welcome, Class of 2016
Student Support Librarian Program
Every student will be introduced to one of the Information and Education Services (IES)librarians who can be the go to person for any questions you may have about library services or best sources of information. These highly-trained information specialists will provide you with information consulting, research assistance and educational training in medical literature searching and effective evaluation of clinical resources and patient care decision support tools. This program aims to better meet your medical information needs when and where you need.
Who are Student Support Librarians?
IES librarians are:
- Ms. Kathleen Crea (for medical students whose last names begin with A F) email@example.com
- Mr. Hongjie Wang (for medical students whose last names begin with G M) firstname.lastname@example.org 679-4053
- Ms. Kathleen Crea (for medical students whose last names begin with N S) email@example.com 679-4054
- Ms. Jennifer Miglus (for medical students whose last names begin with T Z) firstname.lastname@example.org 679-3200
- Ms. Jessica Kilham (ALL dental students) email@example.com 679-4052
For more contact information: the main number at UCHC Library Reference is 860-679-2942 or email: Ref@nso.uchc.edu.
What can Student Support Librarians do for me?
Throughout the years, these librarians will provide one-on-one consulting services at your request and meet with you as often as you wish. They periodically notify you of new library resources and services and will answer your questions regarding library resources and services and assist you with finding information for your research.
What Student Support Librarians dont do:
- The Student Support Librarians wont do a search for you (as a part of your clinical education is to become lifelong, expert searchers; however, they will work with you to provide guidance as to what to search using effective search strategies)
- We wont make photocopies or fax for you. For issues regarding computer trouble shooting, setting up e-mail or Blackboard accounts our IT Help Desk is available at 679-4400 or contact Computer Education Center (CEC) staff at 679-8872.