Hints for Using the Request Forms
Choose the correct form
The library has developed several forms for your useRequired fields
- Scan and Deliver Request Form: use this form to request copies of items that are owned by the library.
- Document Delivery: many journals in the online catalog are marked for Document Delivery. Note that Document Delivery covers only specified years for each journal. Any other year may be Scan & Deliver service (if the library owns it) or interlibrary loan (if the library does not own it). No coding or payment is required.
- Book Request for UCHC students : Use to request the loan of a book from another library or a photocopy from a book. We are unable to rush the loan of books. No payment is required.
- Journal Article Request for UCHC students Use to request a photocopy from a journal. No payment is required.
- Book Request Form for UCHC faculty and staff: Use to request the loan of a book from another library or a photocopy from a book. We are unable to rush the loan of books. No payment is required.
- Journal Article Request Form for UCHC faculty and staff: Use to request a photocopy from a journal. 25 articles per year, per faculty, at no charge. Payment required after 25 at no charge.
Several fields are required before a request can be sent to the library. Be sure to fill in all fields that are marked with a *. These fields include:Citations
- name and address information
- email address
- copyright compliance
When filling in citation information, be as complete and accurate as possible.Verification
There are two ways to enter citations:
- Enter field by field. Use this method to enter the citation from written information, such as an index or bibliography. If the journal title is abbreviated, enter the abbreviation. If there are multiple authors, entering the first author (full name as given) is sufficient.
- Copy and paste. Use this method if the citation is in an online form, such as information from e-mail or searching an online database. If the database, such as PubMed, is on the Web, open the browser twice: search one version, open request forms on the other version, copy and paste between versions.
This information may also be entered field by field or by copy and paste. If you have copied and pasted the citation from an online database and included the database citation ID, you do not need to fill in this section.SPEED hints
- Use copy and paste for citations from online databases, online publishers pages, online bibliographies, e-mail....anything that can be opened on a computer.
- To use copy and paste using a Web source, open two copies of the browser and toggle between them. Using split screen does not allow much information to be shown.
- It is not necessary to enter name, address, FOAPAL coding, etc. on each request. When using the same form over again:
- complete the first request and transmit it
- after copying or saving the information on that first request, use the "Back" button (or equivalent) to return to the first request.
- alter the citation information. (1) highlight and type over OR (2) highlight and delete OR (3) highlight and paste new information.
- check the new citation carefully to assure it was altered correctly.
- transmit the second request.
- repeat the steps as necessary.
- Be as complete and accurate as possible.