Reserve Services for Instructors
- Library books, avs, journal
articles, or any personal material, may be placed on either Open or Closed
Reserve for the duration of a course or committee. (Copyright law stipulates
that only o ne copy of any journal article may be placed on Reserve.)
- Instructors should submit a Reserve Material List form as soon as possible
before the start of the course or committee. Please allow time for recall
of books that are charged out or to order books not already owned by the library.
Reserve materi al lists will be processed in the order in which they are received.
There will be no priority given to lists submitted after the course has started.
- Please include COMPLETE bibliographic information for material needed.
- No lists will be accepted over the phone.
- The library will provide a maximum of 20 photocopied journal articles per
course or committee.
- Open Reserve is located on the main floor of the library in the Reading Room. This area contains material needed for
the duration of a course or committee. Open Reserve material is for "in Library
use only" during the day with no restrictions.
- Closed Reserve is located at the Circulation desk and contains a selection
of required material for the duration of a course. SPACE IS LIMITED.
Material is checked out for 2 hours "in Library use only" during the day,
with a valid
- Both Open and Closed Reserve books can be checked out for overnight use
two hours prior to the close of the library, with a valid library card, and
must be returned within an hour after opening the next day.