The Library is open to the public. All books, journals, audiovisuals and databases are available for use on the premises.
Who May Borrow?
- All current UCHC faculty, staff and students with a valid UCHC ID, except staff with "contractor" ID.
- All UCONN faculty, professional staff, graduate students and undergraduate
students in the Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy, with a valid UCONN
- Any licensed health professional who works or resides in Connecticut. (A health professional is a person directly involved in patient care in a health care setting). Proof of your status as a health professional must be supplied at the time of appli
cation for a borrower's card. Health professionals are assessed an annual fee for borrowing privileges, currently $50.
- All others may borrow through Interlibrary Loan at their public, corporate or academic library.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR BARCODED ID OR LIBRARY CARD TO BORROW ANY LIBRARY MATERIAL.
Material Location and Loan Periods:
- Call numbers A-WM are located on the upper level of the library.
- Call numbers WN-WY and Z are located on the main level.
- Call Numbers WZ are located in the History Of Medicine room on the upper level.
- Books circulate for two weeks and may be renewed twice. This may be done at the circulation desk or over the phone by giving us your barcode number and the barcode number of the book, via the Library Catalog or by filling out this online renewal form.
AUDIOVISUAL MATERIAL: The AV stacks are located on the upper level of the library. AV material circulates for two weeks with one renewal.
JOURNALS: The current journal stacks (2004 - present) are located on the main floor while the older journal stacks are located on the lower level of the library. Journals that circulate are marked "3 Day Circulation". No other journals circulate under any circumstances.