Username & PasswordYour UCHC domain username and password will allow you access to your school issued laptop, Blackboard, UCHC desktop computers, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, email, etc.
- Passwords expire every 90 days and must be changed
- You cannot reuse one of your last 5 passwords
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length
- Passwords cannot contain your username or parts of your full name that exceed 2 consecutive characters
Passwords must contain characters from 3 of the following 4 categories:
- English UPPERCASE characters (A-Z)
- English lowercase characters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (ex. ! $ # %)
- Minimum password age is 5 days (this means once you change your password you cannot change it again for another 5 days)
Change Your Account Password
- Windows 7-McAfee Endpoint Encryption-Blue Background (recommended method): Change your account password using your school issued laptop
- Windows 7-McAfee Endpoint Encryption v.6 (recommended method): Change your account password using your school issued laptop
- Windows XP (recommended method):
Change your account password using your school issued laptop
- UCHC Outlook Web Access method:
Change your account password using UCHC Outlook Web Access (web email) system
Note: Use this option only if you cannot make it to the UCHC campus before your password expires.
Expired PasswordIf your password is expired you will need to set a new password for your domain account. Please review the Change Your Account Password instructions above to set a new password for your account. If your password is expired you will not be able to access Blackboard, UCHC email, the UCHC wireless network and other UCHC resources until you change your password. Please pay attention to when your password is going to expire so as to avoid not being able to access UCHC resources.
Can I Check When My Password Will Expire?
Yes, open this web page with Internet Explorer while on the UCHC campus and click the link to the right: Check Password Expiration Date
Help! My Password Is Expired And I Can't Make It To The UCHC Campus
If your password is expired and you can't make it to the UCHC campus you can change your expired password by using the Outlook Web expired password link or the UCHC remote access system.
- Windows 7: Sync McAfee Endpoint Encryption-Blue Background
- Windows XP: Sync McAfee Endpoint Encryption
Account LockoutAccounts are locked out after 3 invalid logon attempts. Once an account is locked it is locked out for 5 minutes. To unlock an account you may wait 5 minutes and try to logon again or contact the IT Help Desk at (860) 679-4400.
Images contained in this document are the copyright of McAfee Inc., Microsoft Corp. and UConn Health Center Library.