Instructions for Setting Up the UCHC-WIFI network on your Windows 7 Computer
Note: First Year students, this has already been set up for you.You can navigate to Network Connections in 2 easy ways:
- Go to the Network icon in your system tray.
- Left Click on the Network icon. You will see view Network and Sharing Center. OR:
- Go to the Start Menu
- Select Control Panel
- Under All Control Panel Items, select Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Set up a new connection or network
- Select Manually Connect to a Wireless Network. Click Next.
- You will need to setup a wireless profile for UCHC-WIFI, if one has not been setup already.
- Enter the following information:
- Network name: UCHC-WIFI
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Check both boxes:
- Start this connection automatically
- Connect even if the network is not broadcasting
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, you will receive a notice that UCHC-WIFI was successfully added.
- Select Change connection settings.
- The UCHC-WIFI Network Properties screen opens. On the Connections tab, make sure all 3 checkboxes are checked.
- Select the Security tab
- Use the pull down menus to make your settings selections.
- The Security type is: WPA2-Enterprise.
- Encryption Type is: AES
- Click on the Settings button. Click OK.
- On the Protected EAP Properties screen:
- Uncheck the box that says Validate Server Certicate.
- Uncheck the box that says Enable Fast Reconnect.
- Click the Configure button.
- On the EAP-MSCHAPv2 Properties screen, make sure that the box is checked, indicating
" Automatically use my Windows Login name and password (and domain if any) ".
- If your connection is successful, choose to save the network in one of 3 locations: Home, Work or Public
- Test your connection by clicking on a browser, to see if you are able to get out to the Internet.
Images contained in this document are the copyright of Microsoft Corporation and UConn Health Library.